Breast Augmentation Revision
Unfortunately, not all women enjoy the beautiful, lasting results they envision from their breast augmentation procedure. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Braden Stridde has extensive experience correcting breast deformities and revising prior breast surgeries. He refers to these procedures as "breast rescues". In fact, other surgeons who perform breast augmentation in the Bellevue and Seattle areas refer patients with difficult problems to our practice for specialized care.
To experience the art, innovation, and excellence of our practice for yourself, request your consultation online with Dr. Stridde at Puget Sound Plastic Surgery, or call our office at
Breast Rescue (Revision) Before & After Photos
Breast Rescue (Revision) Case 70
This is a 49-year old woman who came to see us with concerns regarding her previous breast augmentation. 19 years ago she underwent breast augmentation surgery in which 400 cc saline implants were surgically implanted in the sub-muscular position. She feels as though the implants sit too high on...
Breast Rescue (Revision) Case 41
This is a 46 year old Seattle Breast Rescue patient referred to us by her primary care physician to evaluate her firm, malpositioned breast implants. Patient received silicone gel implants 25 years ago which were placed sub glandular; or sometimes referred to as over-the-muscle. For several years...
Breast Rescue (Revision) Case 84
Approximately 10 months ago, this 52 year old woman had received saline breast implants in which she is now experiencing significant bilateral implant malposition. She wishes to both upgrade her saline implant to a more natural appearing gel implant as well as benefit from a procedure that would...
Candidates for Revision Surgery
If you have had breast enhancement surgery such as breast augmentation or reconstruction and are unhappy with your results or are experiencing complications, you may be a good candidate for revision surgery. In most cases, Dr. Stridde recommends waiting at least 6 months after your primary surgery before undergoing revision surgery, to allow your body to heal properly.
Why Choose Dr. Stridde for Revision Breast Surgery
- Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Regularly performs a range of revision breast procedures.
- Experienced in correcting complications and breast deformities.
- Referred to by other surgeons for their complex revision breast cases.
Devoted to providing personal care in a comfortable setting, Braden Stridde, M.D., is a board-certified plastic surgeon who looks forward to meeting you.Meet
Stridde Request a Consultation
Reasons for Revision Surgery
For most women, breast augmentation is a rewarding experience, and they enjoy their naturally enhanced look for many years to come. But, as with any surgery, unsatisfactory outcomes are possible. Dr. Stridde has the skills and experience to address a range of cosmetic concerns after breast enhancement surgery, which may include:
- Complications such as capsular contracture and implant malposition can distort the shape of the breasts and possibly cause discomfort.
- Disappointing results such as breasts that are too high or low, different sizes, or too widely set to create the desired cleavage.
- Deflated implants, which are instantly noticeable in the case of saline implants. Leaks in silicone implants are usually identified with an imaging scan.
- Changes in personal preferences that may call for elective implant exchange, which means there is nothing wrong, you just want new breast implants. As implants become more lifelike in how they make the breasts look and feel, more women want to upgrade their implants. Others choose a different size or shape, as lifestyles and personal preferences evolve.
- Significant weight loss after breast enhancement surgery, which may leave augmented breasts looking deflated.
Dr. Stridde performs revision breast surgery as an outpatient procedure using general anesthesia administered by a board-certified anesthesiologist. Because every case is unique, so is each revision surgery, which may include one or more of the following techniques:
- Moving implants under the chest muscles
- Tightening or loosening the pocket
- Removing or releasing a tightened scar capsule
- Performing a breast lift
- Adding volume or disguising implants with fat transfer
See for yourself the results that make Dr. Stridde one of the most sought after plastic surgeons in the Seattle area.View Before & After Photo Gallery
Other Corrective Breast Procedures
Many women who have not had breast surgery are self-conscious about their breasts for a variety of reasons, including:
- Tuberous breast deformity
- Dramatically asymmetrical breasts
- Breast removed through mastectomy
- Breast deflation after significant weight loss
Dr. Stridde will review your case individually and take the time to recommend a cosmetic improvement plan that is customized for your unique needs and goals. Correcting these challenging breast problems is often an extremely satisfying experience for both patient and physician.
Browse videos and before-and- after photos, and review your consultation using TouchMD, a free, personalized online tool offered by Dr. Stridde to enhance your patient experience. The secure, password-protected Web access allows you to share your experience with family and friends.
Recovery After Surgery
Your recovery period will depend on the specifics of your surgery. For an elective implant exchange without correction, recovery will likely be shorter than for the original breast augmentation. For complex revisions that may result in more swelling than a straightforward procedure, the recovery process is often a bit longer than for the initial surgery. At your consultation, Dr. Stridde will give you detailed recovery information that is specific for you.
Enjoying Your Results
After revision surgery, patients are typically thrilled to have the breast size and shape they envisioned for themselves. If possible, Dr. Stridde uses the same incision placement that was used for the original procedure to avoid creating any new scars. These procedures often give patients increased confidence both in and out of clothing.