Breast Implant Options
Women considering breast augmentation are faced with an array of decisions they need to make regarding their breast implants. Our Seattle and Tacoma, WA patients are encouraged to do their own research and talk with family and friends. Dr. Braden C. Stridde will provide his professional opinion when they come in for a personal consultation and evaluation. He reviews the various decisions that play an important role in the satisfaction they achieve with their results.
Before you visit us for breast augmentation from Seattle, Tacoma or other nearby communities, you can browse our photo gallery to see some of the results other women have gained. When you're ready, request your complimentary consultation online with Dr. Stridde at Puget Sound Plastic Surgery, or call our office at 866-692-9226.
Devoted to providing personal care in a comfortable setting, Braden Stridde, M.D., is a board-certified plastic surgeon who looks forward to meeting you.
Saline or Silicone: How Do I Decide?
Women considering breast augmentation, who visit Dr. Stridde from throughout the Pacific Northwest inluding Tacoma and Seattle, can choose breast implants filled with saline or silicone. Saline implants are filled with the same sterile saline solution that is used in IV fluid. The new generation of silicone gel implants have been carefully studied and received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Silicone gel implants have given women a new range of options in deciding how to achieve the optimal look and feel of their newly augmented breasts.
Reasons to Consider Silicone Gel Implants
Silicone gel implants may be a good choice for breast augmentation patients who:
- Want an implant that looks and feels more like natural breast tissue
- Are concerned about rippling or have thin tissue in the upper chest region (which may make saline implants more obvious looking)
- Are willing to follow the FDA-recommended check-ups to ensure the longevity and ongoing safety of your implants
- Are age 22 or older (these implants currently are not approved for women under the age of 22)
Browse videos and before-and-after photos, and review your consultation using TouchMD, a free, personalized online tool offered by Dr. Stridde to enhance your patient experience. The secure, password-protected Web access allows you to share your experience with family and friends. Learn more.
Reasons to Consider Saline Implants
Saline implants may be a good choice for women who:
- Have greater peace of mind know that the material in saline implants, in the event of rupture, will be harmlessly absorbed by your body
- Would rather avoid the regular MRI screenings required for silicone gel implants to detect rupture or leakage
- Are concerned about scarring and would like to have smaller incisions
- Are between the ages of 18 and 22
It's easy to learn more about your breast implant options. Dr. Stridde is a breast enlargement surgeon at Puget Sound Plastic Surgery who can help. Request your complimentary consultation online with Dr. Stridde, or call our office at 866-692-9226. Conveniently located on South 348th Street in Federal Way, the practice offers a complete menu of medical spa procedures and plastic surgery for Seattle, Bellevue, Tacoma, Olympia and other Greater Puget Sound residents.