Breast Implant Options
Women considering breast augmentation have choices when it comes to breast implants at our Seattle area practice. Both saline and silcone gel models are available. Saline implants are filled with the same sterile saline solution that is used in IV fluid, and women also have the option of choosing a new generation of silicone gel implants, which have been carefully reviewed and received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Silicone gel implants have given women a new range of options in deciding how to achieve the optimal look and feel of their newly augmented breasts.
Before you visit us in the Seattle area for breast augmentation, you can browse our photo gallery to see some of the results other women have gained. When you're ready, request your complimentary consultation online with Dr. Stridde at Puget Sound Plastic Surgery, or call our office at 866-692-9226.
Devoted to providing personal care in a comfortable setting, Braden Stridde, M.D. is a board-certified plastic surgeon who looks forward to meeting you.
Saline or Silicone: How Do I Decide?
Women considering breast augmentation in Seattle are faced with an array of decisions they need to make regarding their breast implants, including implant size and type. While you are encouraged to do your own research and talk with family and friends about your options, you can get a professional opinion from Dr. Braden C. Stridde when you come in for a personal consultation and evaluation. He pledges to work closely with women considering breast augmentations, helping them to make the various decisions that play an important role in the satisfaction they achieve with their results.
Reasons to Consider Silicone Gel Implants
Silicone gel implants may be a good choice for your breast augmentation if:
- You want an implant that looks and feels more like natural breast tissue
- You are concerned about rippling or have thin tissue in the upper chest region (which may make saline implants more obvious-looking)
- You are willing to follow the FDA-recommended check-ups to ensure the longevity and ongoing safety of your implants
- You are age 22 or older (these implants currently are not approved for women under the age of 22)
Reasons to Consider Saline Implants
Saline implants may be a good choice for your breast augmentation if:
- You have greater peace of mind know that the material in saline implants, in the event of rupture, will be harmlessly absorbed by your body
- You would rather avoid the regular MRI screenings required for silicone gel implants to detect rupture or leakage
- You are concerned about scarring and would like to have smaller incisions
- You are between the ages of 18 and 22
It's easy to learn more about breast implants in Seattle. Dr. Stridde is a breast enlargement surgeon at Puget Sound Plastic Surgery who can help. Request your complimentary consultation online with Dr. Stridde at Puget Sound Plastic Surgery, or call our office at 866-692-9226. Conveniently located on South 348th Street in Federal Way, the practice offers a complete menu of medical spa procedures and plastic surgery for Seattle, Bellevue, Tacoma, Olympia and other Greater Puget Sound residents.